What to do when you hit a car

A rush of cold salty air caresses my face
Slowly my heart rate drops
I need to remain calm to put this down
Because I figured

Sometimes accidents happen
Sometimes they happen to you when you're alone

Then what do you do?

So this is my first hands-on experience
For your benefit as well as mine

Sometimes I can't express myself through speech
Sometimes I need to write (or type)
But I digress
Let's start the engine shall we?

*Note: This was a minor scratch on both cars, for more serious accidents please dial the Emergency Hotline immediately. This is only for small cases hopefully able to be settled out of court and not even lodging a police report.

1) Make sure you're not obstructing traffic,

2) Check yourself and your passenger(s) to see if everyone is alright.

3) Turn on your hazard lights and get out of your car to check the damage to your vehicle as well as that of the other person's.

4) Use your smartphone to take pictures of the damage to the vehicles and take note of the number plate of the other vehicle.

5)  If the driver of the other vehicle is present, please establish who owes the other damages and exchange phone numbers for future reference.

6) If the driver of the other vehicle is not present, please leave your contact details on the vehicle's windscreen.

7) Call a family or friend who is nearby who can come out to pick you up and advice you.

If you have done all the above, I sincerely believe that you have done what any reasonable person would or could have done under the circumstances so what is left is payment for the damage.

That is a tale for another time.

Now it's time to let out your tsunami of emotions which you have held back with strength you know not from whence it came from: let go of all your shock, anxiety, anger, disappointment, and most of all, guilt.


There there.
Now finally, all you need is some rest after all that excitement.
And what better way than to go to sleep then after receiving a hug?



Oh nearly forgot.
Thanks for being there for me mum and dad,
I'm sorry I made you all worried back in CH.
Thank you Miss Yu for being so gracious about the incident,
I'll pay for the damage, I promise.
Thank for the advice Uncle Tom
 And thank you Elucia, Jian Wen and Sue Sze
I needed those hugs.
Goodnight world.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

Comments

Popular Posts