Memories of them...

The pic of uncle Ken, aunty Marty and myself
which started this conversation, thus this blog :)
It was a shock I'd say, when she Snapchatted me this evening, (it must have been her morning there :) It has been a long time since we last talked to each other. Aunty Marty commented on her FB status and she wondered who it was and found that I was the only mutual friend. That's why she Snapchatted me in the first place XD

But it's ok, it was good to finally catch up a little, and suddenly a rush of memories charged across the plains of my mind, helped by the fact that another friend of mine had just paid a visit to Northern Ireland, and her pictures a few days before had took me for a quiet walk down memory lane, each picture evoking memories of the beauty of the wilderness of Northern Ireland.

Giant's Causeway pic courtesy of Yeap Xin May

Peace Bridge in Derry :)

Adam's hometown - Inch in county Donegal :)

                 My favourite destination in Northern Ireland: Carrick-A-Rede and Larrybane :) The 5.4 pound entrance ticket 
                                                                                    was well worth the view :)


 My most favourite young couple in the most beautiful place in the world  :')

 Giant's Causeway


We talked about old times, which even though only a year ago, seems like a long long time ago already. As we talked, another one of them Snapchatted me and it just seemed so right, so coincidental that of all of these days today was the day we finally took time from our busy lives to check up on one another. We talked about her not being with them this time round. Then it hit me.

Foo and I holding the Easter eggs Adam and Nat
gave us :3
"Last year Easter hols was when you came to stay with me :)"

"Exactly!!! :')
I just remembered!
Bath, Stonehenge and Bristol! :')"

"So long ago!!"

"A year already.. that's quick.."

Easter egg and gift given by
Nat's parents and grandma :3





Indeed, time went by so quickly I didn't even remember that it was already Easter. Suddenly the taste of dark, rich chocolate filled my mouth and I savoured the taste of Spring this time last year when we had too many Easter eggs to count XD Each of us buying one for each other ending up with 3 eggs each XD Oh those days...



Clifton Suspension Bridge :)

Nat and I at Stonehenge <3
Then I scrambled, I flipped through my whole phone not once but twice to find a pic of all four of us together. It was then that I realized we never had a pic of the 4 of us together but I remembered I had one of the 3 of you so I scrolled through my pictures again trying to find that one photo before I realized that I had saved it into my laptop.

When I finally retrieved it I immediately posted it on Instagram as a reminder of the good times we had together :') Memories of them...

Adam, Paige and Nat :) Them...

Comments

  1. Melody this is so lovely! It is making me cry!! (Just like the day you left!) I can't believe it has been a year since you stayed with me and my family! It was such a lovely weekend! And when I took you to my local pub where everyone enjoyed seeing you get a little drunk after a cider and a jagerbomb! They still ask after you now!
    we had so many good times in Roberts Way! Relaxing in the sun, singing disney in the kitchen on a sunday morning with Adam! I was so lucky to get put in the house with you both! I even look back fondly when you rang me and said you had twisted your knee.. resulting in a hospital trip when the doctor thought we were related ;)
    when you had to walk me and Adam home when we had gotten too drunk at ELE watching the rugby and you cooked me dinner as you didn't trust me with a knife!
    So many happy memories I will treasure forever!! I can not believe we never got a photo of all 4 of us! Love Nat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :') I hope you have a wonderful Easter Nat... 3 Sunday roasts XD hahahahaha have fun k :) oh yes I really treasured that moment because IMMA BET that I am the first Malaysian girl to visit that pub with the loveliest peeps in the wee little town of Keynsham XD oh I'm sure you enjoyed that hospital visit more than I did Nat ;) especially when they put me in the kids' check up room eh ;) oh man how's your cooking now Nat XD boiling rice and all? a real pro now are we? ;)
    Well we now know what we MUST do the next time we meet :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts