My First Nike Shoes

 Dear Teng,

When you called me from upstairs this evening, initially I was going to complain about the volume of my upstair's phone ringtone, it's very loud and extremely startling.

But the words stopped from my mouth when you handed me the shoes.

Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit 2










A million thoughts were crossing my head as you and Jess and 

My current shoes
Ms Luang were happily chatting about the shoes.

I was extremely quiet as I carefully laced it up.

They felt great. And they made me taller, which was a plus point.

Somehow, I don't think saying thank you or paying you for the shoes will ever make up for the thoughtfulness of this gift.

Very seldom do I splurge on myself, so I have not owned a pair of Nike shoes until this day, 2/9/2021.

As I am sure you very well know, I rather walk in horrendous shoes until they break into pieces before I purchase new ones, and my current ones were already starting to fall apart.


So this gift is one of the most practical gifts I've ever received, which I am very grateful for.

I will miss you and Mun Mun tremendously.

I will miss our walks together.

I will miss her pointing out all the colours of the rainbow in the flowers that we pass by.

I will miss taking fruits off trees without asking for the owner's permission.

I will miss eating ice-cream and watching Mr Bean with her.

Thank you for all the memories that I share with Mun Mun.



Comments

Popular Posts