Pau making craze XD

Made my annual trip to Klang with some slight altercations this time round:-

1) I am early this year! (I used to go around the months of Sept and Oct every year previously as it is then that students from the UK fly back to Malaysia.)

2) I drove down to Klang from Seremban! (I used to take the KTM down whereby Sue Huey or Sue Sze or uncle would pick me up from the station.)

But other than these two plus points, my annual visit went along very very smoothly. It is like I become more and more part of the family each time I visit, despite it being only once a year!

I barely needed to wait outside the gate for more than a few seconds even before I picked up my phone to call aunty to announce my arrival when "Open Sesame!" the gate opened on its own accord! Apparently the maid was looking out for me too!

Entering the kitchen, the first thing aunty said instead of the usual hello and such was:" Keep away from me!" She had caught a nasty bug while traveling overseas and did not want me to catch it from her. So we spent a happy hour catching up on my work related stories and her travels while each sipping a hot mug of "凉茶" :)

When Sue Sze reached she was unsurprised to see us happily chatting in the kitchen. We happily moved to the study room where we did a back to back marathon of two of my favourite underrated cartoons:-

1) Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire


















2) Dreamwork's The Road to El Dorado
with the Original Soundtrack by the legendary Sir Elton John





















Gahhh ok I'm done. But I really love the soundtrack from "The Road to El Dorado".

Moving along, dinner, and then just generally chatting and catching up until, ahhh I finally met Sue Huey! This old A Levels mate.. Who was the one I used to come visiting annually until I became a family friend enough that I can happily stay at her home even if she's not there LOL :)

So grateful she's back earlier than usual (11.00pm to chat awhile and catch up a bit before we both retire for the night (1.00am)

Oh, I have to commemorate completing a really good book that night at 3.30am waiting for Yanyan and Poh Yee to assure me that they are both safely home:

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi



















One of my favourite quotes from the book:

“I don’t believe in the wisdom of children, nor in the wisdom of the old. There is a moment, a cusp, when the sum of gathered experience is worn down by the details of the living. We are never so wise as when we live in the moment.”― Paul KalanithiWhen Breath Becomes Air

I am very grateful that I believe that I myself am a person who loves living in the moment. I enjoy the routine, the simple mundaneness of waking early in the morning, checking on these two kids as they sleep in peacefully on a rainy Sunday morning.

两只小猪 XD 哈哈





















It's the little things, like when aunty asks me to drive her to the temple for her to fulfill her duties as one of the volunteer teachers for Sunday Dharma School.

Extracting one of my own Tweets:

多年没有参与佛学班的活动,今天来到巴生滨海佛学会看到这一班孩子们那么开心,那么踊跃地参与活动,心里还真的十分感触 :')

Indeed I felt a sense of kinship seeing these children run about, playing games, interacting with the teachers and their fellow peers, reminiscing about my own childhood going for Sunday Dharma Class at the Sam Poh Temple in Cameron Highlands.

Returning home to a hearty meal of homemade popiah made things very entertaining for everybody especially the maid, Wati who kept laughing seeing me pose Mr Carrot Top in the various stages of popiah making.

Mr Carrot Top surrounded by popiah ingredients

After refueling it was apparently time for some "manual labour" which turned out to be another bit of fun for me: making pau. Well I have to say that the outcome certainly did not look too bad as can be seen in the pic below.

Mr Carrot Top with our homemade paus!

Yes the main objective was to selfie with Mr Carrot Top and
the paus #SueSzillaapproves

Who was to know that a mere two days later I would be huddled in a different pantry, this time my firm's, making paus with my master and my other colleagues.

I cannot express enough appreciation for this group of people whom in one short month, has taught me so much in terms of my pupillage, but other than that, allowing me to see that in a small firm such as ours, as much as we work hard in the various areas of law that we practice, who's to say that we can't have a bit of fun every once in awhile :)

My Master and I making paus
Tada!





















Tomorrow is my short-call date. I'm nervous, yet at the same time I'm excited, for this is yet another step forward to my full calling as an advocate and solicitor of the Malaysian Bar.

I do not know what tomorrow brings, but I certainly hope that everything will proceed smoothly and I will then be able to attend the lower tiered courts on my own :)

Until tomorrow comes, here's Melody signing off.

Goodnight world.



Comments

Popular Posts