Missing my working life in Penang

Recently after I've gotten over the high of finishing the CLP examination and the fun and games after, I've been putting more and more thought into returning to Penang to work. I keep thinking of the incredible public awareness in regards to the environment there and most of all, I can't stop thinking of the people there, the people I think of fondly whenever my thoughts turn to the little island in the East.

And then I stumbled across this draft which I was supposed to post so very long ago. And I feel that it is time that I post it, for my own memory's sake. This post was supposed to be published just after I quit my job in Penang, more than a year ago.

Lightning McQueen Crocs I still wish
I bought when I had the chance LOLLLL
There's this unbelievably satisfying feeling you get when you've accomplished something or when you have the approval of people you respect.

Was on cloud 9 today when Saro seemed very enthusiastic about the Bee book. To think that I have contributed by writing it and have done 2 test runs on kids with it. I look forward to its completion and I hope to hold it in my hands someday soon :)

(The Bee book is out and I have several copies in my possession :)

And when Saro seemed satisfied about the PhotoVoice methodology I presented with all the help and support I was given from Jana, Zoha and Pei, I felt so happy and proud of myself I felt like I could take on the whole world at that moment :)

And those girls. Going out during lunch hour to buy Crocs, Arabic Spices, eat ice cream in the car and bank in cheques, I will treasure these moments we share forever.



Lunch with them is always the best. We share food, talk and laugh together. We're like a family :)

Jana and Pei :') <3 my best workmates


with Jana, Chela and Pei :')
Pei, Chela, Jana and Zoha :')














Just plain hanging out with you guys is the best.

:P :p :P


I'll never forget this birthday :')
When I got off the car and was walking up to the apartment, I suddenly felt so lonely.

Today when I told Saro I'd like to quit by the end of June, I felt relieved that I finally got it off my chest.

But tonight, I suddenly, thought: I'm really going to miss you guys...

Did I make the right decision to leave?

Now, more than a year after I have left, I know that there is no right or wrong decision to have left the organization in which I worked in. I only know that had I chosen to stay on, I wouldn't have been able to lead my life the way I did for the past year, and I have no regrets doing CLP this year, living the life of a student again.

However, I do have the urge to return to work in Penang, and I hope I will be able to realize this ambition soon.

Now, I await the results of CLP to be released. That, will be my turning point.

Comments

Popular Posts