I think I have found my calling :)

I don't know why I have the sudden urge to blog.

Then when I open it I don't know what I want to blog about.

It's so frustrating when suddenly it feels like everything is crashing down upon you when for the past few days you have had a really good time doing things you enjoy doing with people that you enjoy doing it with.

Suddenly it hits me: this is it.

I think I've found my calling.

What I enjoy doing is being OUTDOORS. I have always known that I cannot stand the thought of being cooped up indoors for long periods of time. To quote Charlotte Bronte in Jane Eyre: "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will."


Whether it be for the environment or for education or basic human rights, the majority of the activities that I have participated voluntarily and with much enthusiasm in relation to these issues were all held outdoors.

I think I have found my calling.

I would like to do something that I can contribute directly back to the community.

I want to see the smiles of children,
the way their eyes light up when they are happy.

I want to hear the laughter of children mixed with birdsong,
the only music in the world that one does not tire of despite constant repetition.

I want to smell the earthy smell of moist soil after the rain,
the heady scent of a meadowful of flowers in full bloom during spring.

I want to taste the fruits of hard labour,
the sweet taste of victory and self-fulfillment.

I want to feel the warmth of the sun caressing my face,
the belief that one can fly freely up in the sky with the wind blowing gently behind one's back.

I think I have found my calling :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts