My little family here in the UK :)

Tired of assignments.
Tired of my busted knee.
Tired of studying law.
Tired of everything.
Tired of life.

As the dull ache in my knee continues throbbing, I decided to forgo my assignment for a moment as I reflect on my own stupidity in causing this injury. I didn't want this to happen. But now it has, it takes time to heal.

Time.
Patience.

One I always think sometimes goes too fast when I'm happy and too slow when I desperately seek for it to pass...
The other I know I don't always have but when it comes to the people I love I'm willing to wait...

Speaking about people...

I really should note down all who have shown concern and care for me from when I begin my journey away from home, from close family and friends up until now, 13,000km++ away in the UK.

Here goes...
Me and the babi Foo ;)

I was seriously ill once. I remember feeling feverish and exhausted, sore throat and all.

Yeah sometimes you can be a real pain in the ass for a roommate,
but I remember moments when you'd tuck me into bed, ensuring I was well covered with the blanket so as not to catch cold, while you sat in the dark in front of your laptop so that I could sleep...

Thank you Foo...
For teaching me the lesson of tolerance, to understand that despite our differences in opinion, our dislike for certain irritating habits or characteristics of one another, we truly care for each other...



Yanyan and Qing <3





Thank you Qing...
For instructing me to boil porridge for the first time in my life so that I could nourish myself in that period of sickness :)

Thank you Yanyan...
For being there, for singing to me because I had no voice to sing back, for loving me...
I love you too <3


Sue Huey and me :)






Thank you Sue Huey...
Because you knew that I had no vitamins, no supplements, when you came to visit, you brought vitamins for me, supplements so that I may not fall sick so easily...
I just wanna say thank you, for caring about me :)


Me and Adam :)







Thank you Adam...
For getting me Lemsip, insisting that I take medication in order to get better faster, and generally cared for me like an older brother :)










This was last year, and my memory is starting to fade, trying to recall who else showed concern and cared for me when I was ill..
Nevertheless I thank each and everyone of these people who truly showed how much they loved and cared for me...

Adam, Nat and me :3
Then when I busted my knee 2 weeks ago, I found love in people I really didn't know I'd get so close to in such a short period of time...

Thank you Nat...
For carrying all the groceries back, for keeping me company when we went to the hospital, for being the nursing figure in our little home :)

Thank you Morgan...
For volunteering to take me to the hospital in your Jag...
I never expected that but it meant a lot to me :)

I've always said I was very lucky because I have the best housemates anyone could ask for
And it is true.

Clockwise: Adam, Mayor,
Modestas and Morgan :)


Thank you Modestas...
For showing concern for my injured knee despite not staying in the same house together anymore...
I'm missing you and your jokes XD

Thank you Mayor...
For all the cooking lessons you gave me, and all the advice and tips you shared about life...
You're one of a kind :)

I really am lucky to have all of you around me.
These people who care for me.

My little family here in the UK :)






Comments

Popular Posts