Exploring behind my hostel ;)

with Sheryn Ding at the Maha Vihara Buddhist temple




Had an unexpectedly good day out today with classmate Sheryn Ding exploring the area just around my hostel. Have been staying here for almost a year and I haven't visited the Maha Vihara Buddhist temple and Temple of Fine Arts yet!

Seized the opportunity today since I persuaded Sheryn to skip tutorials (I'm a bad friend, I know) and we walked to the Maha Vihara Buddhist temple behind my hostel.

Entrance to the Maha Vihara Buddhist temple
Had a good time walking around soaking in the ambience and got some really nice shots :)

Buddha meditating...
The temple also looked like a grand hotel at certain angles!


'Grand' looking Maha Vihara Buddhist temple in sepia

'Grand' looking Maha Vihara Buddhist temple in colour
 We also walked pass a beautiful old Malay 'rumah papan'...
Beautiful old Malay 'rumah papan'
 Then we headed to the Temple of Fine Arts :)
Can't wait to go for the buffet someday before going to UK!
Beautiful artwork at the Temple of Fine Arts
 As we ended our exploration for the day by walking back to the car park, the skies opened and the raindrops began to fall... It seemed like someone let us enjoy our day just enough before letting the rain rejuvenate the earth once more :)

Sheryn dropped me at the bus stop and I paid a surprise visit to my adorable cousins, and was promptly greeted with a gift! They had just came back from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, and my little cousin got me a cute turtle! <3 :) I am blessed. Today was a memorable day. :)


Cute turtle my cousin got for me! <3

Comments

Popular Posts